The passing of National Professor Dr. Anisuzzaman on 14 May 2020 is an enormous loss of an engaged public intellectual and an eminent scholar. He was a Trustee of the Bengal Foundation and Chair of the Board of Editors of Kali O Kalam, an acclaimed Bengali literary journal. He was also a founding Trustee of the Gyantapas Abdur Razzaq Foundation, a premier institution of intellectual excellence.
Dr. Anisuzzaman has always been an inspiration to us, and he will forever be remembered for his moral leadership, and as a voice for democracy and social justice. His research and scholarship, intellectual rigour, and his literary and academic engagements, had made him a revered figure in the region.
Bengal Foundation has organised an online three-part memorial meet celebrating the many facets of Dr. Anisuzzaman’s teachings, his interests and accomplishments.
The first session explored his scholarly research and role as an educator (watch it here: https://tinyurl.com/ycb6mu69).
The second session focused on Dr. Anisuzzaman’s political conscience and involvement with rights movements. (watch it here: https://tinyurl.com/y7pz3gbg).
The third and final session explores Dr. Anisuzzaman’s contribution to the arts and literature, featured in this video.
Session 3: Contribution to the arts and literature
• Mr. Abul Khair, Chair, Bengal Foundation
• Mr. Abul Hasnat, Editor, Kali O Kalam
• Prof. Nisar Hossain, Dean, Faculty of Fine Art, University of Dhaka
• Dr. Syed Manzoorul Islam, Professor, Department of English, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
• Mr. Habibullah Sirajee, Director-General, Bangla Academy
• Mr. Jogen Chowdhury, Artist & Professor Emeritus, Visva Bharati
• Mr. Amer Wahab, Member of Dr. Anisuzzaman’s family
Presenter: Ms. Luva Nahid Choudhury, Director-General, Bengal Foundation